Skipping Black Friday

Lounging in Tshirt and Jeans

Tshirt and Skinny jeans with Flats

V Neck Tee and Skinny jeans with Flats

Gorjana Laws of layering necklaces

V-Neck Tee with Skinny Jeans and flats

V-Neck Tshirt with Skinny Jeans and Flats

BANANA REPUBLIC Timeless V-Neck Tee  | WHITE HOUSE BLACK MARKET Saint Honore Slim Ankle Jean  | YOSI SAMARA Patent Flats  |  GORJANA Chloe Large Studs , Taner Pave Bar , Mia Tiered Necklace , Mika Necklace  | BAUBLEBAR Mini Pave Links Bracelet, old [SIMILAR] | RAY BAN Original Aviator Sunglasses  | FORMULA X FOR SEPHORA Infinite  |  KATE SPADE 2015 Medium Agenda | RACHEL ZOE Living in Style | CAMILLE STYLES Entertaining

This shopaholic is skipping the stores this Black Friday! I love shopping but I hate crowds!  When I shop I like to be able to leisurely walk around, trying on a few things here and a few more there.  I also do not like standing in long lines to check out, but I don’t think anyone really does.  Black Friday has never appealed to me.  I will admit I have never really participated in Black Friday, so my opinion is based on stories from friends and what I see on TV.  Even throughout the year, I prefer to shop on weekdays during lunch or first thing in the morning on weekends to avoid crowds.  During the holidays, the crowds are crazy regardless so all my in-store shopping will probably be done right when the mall opens!  I have found in past experience this is the best time to shop.  The bonus you can usually get prime parking!  Black Friday for me is all about relaxing, enjoying the extra day off from work,and gearing up for Cyber Monday!  Okay, I will probably also do a little online Black Friday shopping. I can’t help myself, I love a good sale!  I am planning on doing most of my shopping online this year.  I want to have everything ordered this coming week to avoid any shipping issues.   I have posted a few online Black Friday sales below that are to good to pass up!  Monday’s blog post will be solely dedicated to all the amazing sales and deals I come across for Cyber Monday.  I will be updating throughout the day so be sure to check back throughout the day on Monday for the latest offers! Until then, I am going to get back to reading my newest purchase, Camille Styles Entertaining.  If you are hosting any holiday parties this year, this book has some really great party planning ideas and tips!  Also, if you are looking for a comfy T-Shirt to lounge around in while online shopping, this Banana Republic Timeless Tee is awesome!  The material is soft with a little stretch.  This top is one of my go to tees when I have to run out on a quick errand on weekends!

Don’t forget to shop local this Saturday for SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY.  I have also included some of my favorite small businesses with great sales in the below Black Friday list!

BLACK FRIDAY SALES!

ASOS || 30% off with code TGIBF
BANANA REPUBLIC || 40% off with code BRFORTY
ELAINE TURNER || 25-30% off no code required, FREE iPad Case with $300 purchase on Friday
FRENCH CONNECTION || 30% off with code 30FCBF
DESIGN LOVE PLANNER || 25% off with code BF25
GORJANA || 35% off select styles
J CREW || 30% off with code HOLIDAY
JEWELER’S WIFE || $20 off $50 with code JW20OFF
KATE SPADE || 25% off with code HOLLYJOLLY
KENDRA SCOTT || 15% off with code BFCM2014
LOFT || 40% off no code required
POMP AND CIRCUMSTANCE || 30% off with code THANKFUL
SHOP BOP || 15-25% off with code GOBIG14
TORY BURCH || 20-30% off with code LUCKY
WHITE HOUSE BLACK MARKET || 30% off with code 11989

30 Responses to Skipping Black Friday

1. Dawn Lucy says:

Great casual outfit and I love your jewelry!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

2. Such a cute and comfy look! I’m loving the layered necklaces. I’m with ya on the whole Black Friday thing. No thank you to those crowds! Thanks for linking-up!

3. We ofcourse dont have the black friday sales here in Australia – i guess we could still shop online, but i hear you its stressful huh. People go crazy buying stuff just cos its on sale ! Looking cool, calm and collected there! thanks for joining us and thanks for sharing with us for Sunday Brunch x

4. Jill says:

Staying home and relaxing on Black Friday with a little online shopping sounds perfect! Maybe I’ll try that next year! I love your layered necklaces!

Jill

5. Nicki says:

simple and understated – very casual. I too skipped Black Friday (2nd year now) and since Christmas still managed to come last year I am optimistic it will do the same this year. So over crazy crowds.

6. Marie says:

Lovely necklace layering and current reads stack, I prefer that to Black Friday!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

7. I love you necklaces! I need to grow my collection of fine chains with large pendants. I’m crossing my fingers for Christmas.

8. Lauren says:

I really love your layered necklaces! And I’m with you when it comes to Black Friday – I’m just not a crowds person, especially when I’m shopping!

9. Darcy says:

This looks so comfy! Love your necklace!

10. Carylee says:

I am one of the crazies that ventured out at 6 am on Black Friday. But I find that time is the best – it’s right around 10 that it starts feeling crowded and awful. Good for you for laying low. I love this effortless outfit of basics! Perfect!
    Enter $650 EXPRESS Giveaway

11. Pinky says:

Love the necklaces! Thanks for the cyber monday list. Stopping by from the linkup!

12. Patti says:

Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, and for all the sale tips! Great accessories.

13. Tamar says:

Love the outfit!

I totally avoided the malls on Friday! But i did make use of the sales Saturday night and scored some great things.

14. I am loving that shirt. Love the outfit with the nude shoes too 🙂
    I could totes do with that outdoor setting in my patio!

15. Mrs C says:

I can’t even stand sales, let alone something as massive as Black Friday! I would say good choice was made 😉

16. jasmine says:

I feel the exact way about black Friday shopping, I like taking my time and enjoy the whole shopping experience and plus I can do without the pushy customers lol.

17. Jami says:

Love the layered necklace look!

18. Faith Haller says:

Awesome outfit and I totally understand about Black Friday. This was my first year being out on Black Friday and that’s because I had to work and it’s not pretty at all. I don’t understand the hype. You can get mega sales through the year at the same store and then people get so out of character or maybe that is their character. They tear up the store. Staying in and shopping online is the best idea. I love your chill outfit. And thanks for the deets on the outfit.

19. Marcella says:

Cute necklaces…I love them! And I love that book Camille Styles!

20. Missy G says:

Perfect outfit to lounge around in! I’m not a Black Friday fan either.

21. You look fantastic – and it looks like you have exactly the right idea on how to spend Black Friday. Very relaxing! Hope you made use of the bargains too. Welcome to #PoCoLo, thank you for linking and I hope to see you again 🙂 x

22. Mila says:

Love the outfit! And the patio 🙂

23. You look stunning! Adore the classic black with gold accessories. So my style. I skipped Black Friday too! Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday

24. Amy Ann says:

I stayed home today too. Black Friday is a bit too much for me. Love this casual look. Hope you had a great holiday!

xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

25. great post! I enjoyed on-line shopping in my jammies! Have a nice weekend!

26. Bri says:

LOVE those necklaces!

27. Love your cozy casual but chic look! I agree Black Fri is so not worth it – Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Rebecca