Office Clothes Boring?

Work Style Office look, Tie Neck Blouse and Black Pants

Work Style Look, Modcloth Tie Neck Bow Blouse

Work Style Office look, Tie Neck Bow Blouse with Black Trousers

Cream Tie neck Bow blouse and Black trousers

Work Style Office Look, Tie Neck bow blouse with black dress pants

| THE DETAILS |

MODCLOTH Ellison Vanilla Milk Top  |  LOFT Trouser Pants in Marisa Fit  | ENZO ANGIOLINI Finton Pumps | GIGI NY All In One Bag [ALSO HERE] | GORJANA Chloe Large Studs | BAUBLEBAR Slim Hinge Bangle, Old [SIMILAR] |  STILA Stay All Day Lipstick in Fiery | FORMULA X Infinite

I was spoiled by first post college job by being able to wear whatever I wanted; I was living the dream!  For the most part, I could truly wear anything – jeans, rompers, tshirts, and thin strap dresses.  When I scored my first office job, I was nervous about my perceived loss of style freedom that came with it.  Office clothes seemed boring and more like a uniform.  A button up top, black dress pants and black pumps, the same thing every day for eternity!  A close friend took me to her “office uniform store” to pick up a few things for my first day, and I was amazed by the selection!  Cute colorful pencil skirts in solids and stripes, sheath dresses in prints and patterns, and dress pants of all colors!  Maybe this office uniform thing wasn’t going to be so bad after all!  Over the years, I have slowly added to the office wear side of my wardrobe, even co-mingling pieces with the weekend side of my closet.  At first office attire may seem a bit drab, but it is all about finding pieces with a little added flare to keep things office chic! One of the things I love about tie neck blouses is that while they are a typical work top, the bow adds some flare to make this a classic work look but still adding a little glam and chicness.  If you have to wear a blazer to work, I love how the bow pops out of the top of the blazer to add a little drama to an everyday suit.  What are ways you spice up your office wardrobe?

22 Responses to Office Clothes Boring?

1. I love this outfit! This kind of look was always my go to when I first started out as a young researcher, going to conferences. So comfortable, feminine yet you mean business!

Thanks for linking up to #AllAboutYou xx

2. JoAnn says:

That blouse is beautiful. The cream is such a beautiful color 🙂 Found you via SITS 🙂

3. It’s nice to see an office outfit that looks professional and feminine at the same time! I love the shirt 🙂 Thanks for linking #allaboutyou

4. I need that blouse and that clutch in my closet! Your hair looks fab too! The color is just perfect! Thanks for sharing this with Celebrate Southern this week! xoxo

5. This is such a fun business look! And the top can be versatile as well! Love you red lips too! 🙂 Pinning this now! Thanks for joining the celebrate southern linkup!! Cheers!

6. Kaelyn says:

For me I love layering. If I have a boring cardigan and boring dress slacks, I make sure to wear a bright top underneath the cardigan to add some flair to my outfit! I also love adding a bright statement necklace to jazz up a boring look or a really pretty scarf.

7. IRENE says:

I really like office clothes! so ladylike and strict!love your shirt!

Irene

8. I’m obsessed with that type of shirt right now! I love how you are styling it for the pffice. So chic.

Fishbowl Fashion

9. Marianne says:

There is nothing boring about this look girl! I have been looking for a top like this for a while! Love this ensemble!
    Marianne

10. Beata says:

You look very elegant and classic ! I love it 🙂 x

11. Jenna says:

I always feel like office clothes look so ridiculous on me but you pull them off so well! Love the bow on that top!!

Jenna from Visions of Vogue

12. Shauna says:

This is not boring at all! It’s chic and classic – and nothing beats that fabulous combo! 😉 -xx

Shauna

13. Ashley says:

Not boring at all- totally chic + classic. 🙂

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

14. lorna mai says:

I know what you mean about office clothes appearing boring but you’ve nailed it with this look! I would definitely wear this to an office. I love the pussy bow blouse style. Stunning lipstick! You look great!

15. Amber Duffey says:

Love this outfit!! It looks so comfortable and fabulous!

Thanks so much for linking up with Tremendous Tuesday!!

Hugs! Amber

16. Ada says:

Dressy black pants and an off-white bow-tie blouse are never boring because they are classic and timeless. Especially if you add a nice black clutch to the mix. You look great. I have worn similar work outfits. I am a sucker for a bow-tie blouse. =)

Have a great day!!

17. Tatiana says:

Such a great look! So classic and put together! Loving your hair too!
    ~Tatiana