Winter Tights

Winter Office Outfit Idea - add black tights for winter style

Work Look - Statement Necklace over black crew neck sweater

Winter Office Outfit Idea - add black tights for winter style

Winter Office Outfit Idea - add black tights for winter style

Baublebar Courtney Bib in Silver, great statement necklace!

Winter Office Outfit Idea - add black tights for winter style

Winter Office Outfit Idea - add black tights for winter style

JCREW Stretch Merino Wool Sweater | BANANA REPUBLIC Ponte Fit-and-Flare Skirt  | H&M Black Tights | JESSICA SIMPSON Akito Platform Bootie | MARC BY MARC JACOBS Leather Preppy Hobo, Old [SIMILAR IN NYLON] | BAUBLEBAR The Courtney Bib in Silver, Crystal Mason Ring  | NADRI Crystal Bangle  | STILA Stay All Day Lipstick in Fiery | FORMULA X Infinite

My previous post was all about staying warm when going out on the town by adding a leather jacket.  Today, a little tip to stay warm at the office – add some winter tights!  Okay maybe this is pretty basic winter dressing 101, but when you live in Texas sometimes you forget.  A few years back, I traveled to London in February.  I put together the most amazing theater ensemble with a skirt and a sweater. I didn’t even think about how cold my legs would be!  Luckily, I was able to pop in to a London H&M and pick up these black tights!  I love love love the dark black color, plus I have had them for several years and they still look new!  I must mention I probably only wear them 4-5 times a year which probably has helped them last longer.  I held out for a long time on buying dark black tights, because I hate pantyhose!  These are thicker material, so I don’t find them as annoying as normal pantyhose.  I am even considering picking up a pair of patterned tights next!

Follow Lady in Violet INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | SUBSCRIBE

Lady in Violet

24 Responses to Winter Tights

1. mark says:

you are both beautiful and sexy! you look ready to dazzle the night away! love that necklace!

2. Tameka says:

A very flattering skirt, and the necklace is stunning. Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

3. rhea says:

gorgeous necklace and skirt! love how you put this together!

thanks for linking up with #skirtistadiaries… hope to see you next week! 🙂

<3 rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

4. Love this chic outfit! I have the same necklace and love what a statement it makes.

Alice

5. Bex Stark says:

love this outfit! I have tights just like that too that I’ve had for years and still wear all the time. thanks for linking up with us!

6. hi Karen! Not sure if I have met you yet? I’ve been on a blog break for 3 months because I’ve breast cancer to deal with and such. Sure would love to see more of your posts. This necklace is awesome on you. I don’t do necklaces much but I am scarf crazy. I have about 40 scarfs. ya. weird.
    ♥, Renae

7. Iulia Gulia says:

You never cease to impress me with your outfit choices…always something new too!

Thanks for linking up with the Ladies Collective. Hope to see you again next Wednesday at http://www.bestofbabylady.com!

8. Alena says:

Beautiful outfit! Love your necklace!

Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

9. Jess says:

Love the black and grey, your skirt is so pretty. I also love your purple bag, great color, and your lipstick. I need a new color soon
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess

10. Elizabeth says:

Love the necklace! Such a statement piece. I agree – tights are a great way to keep it warm in the cold weather! Also, the lipstick color you are wearing is stunning! I will have to check that one out!

11. Natalie says:

Love this look and thanks for linking up! Skirt, tights, and booties was my work uniform before I had kids! It’s so cold here in MD we had to wear tights all winter but I prefered them over pants anyway.

12. Joanne Mason says:

Tights are the perfect accessory for chilly offices, oh and a cardigan! I have this necklace in gold and love it!

Cheers,
    Joanne
    FabulouslyAverage

13. Rachel says:

LOVE the classic yet sylish look! I’m falling in love with skirts, tights and booties this winter.

14. oh that necklace, I just love it! I have it in gold but it’s so pretty in silver!

xo,
    Angela

• Karen says:

Thanks its one of my top statement necklaces, my friend has the dark hematite color and it’s gorgeous in that color too!

15. Rachel says:

This look Is so trendy for the office but adorable. I normally hate pantyhose on my own legs but you are right yours look great and I am so glad they have been a staple item to your wardrobe each winter, that is always a plus. Thank you for linking up with What Wives Wear. Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

16. Alecz says:

What a great outfit! I love that skirt. It’s super cute. And the NECKLACE. Oh it’s perfection.

17. Ada says:

Black opaque tights are my go to for Winter. This outfit is so polished and feminine. The gorgeous necklace elevates it a lot more. Well done.

Ada. =)

18. Karen Strand says:

Beautiful outfit! Thick tights are a must here in the frozen tundra that is know as Connecticut!
    Also, I love your hair color 🙂