Denim Because It’s the Rodeo

Denim on Denim look perfect for the Houston Rodeo

Baublebar Phoneix Bib with Kendra Scott Elle Earrings

Western Wear Outfit Idea - Denim on Denim with statement necklace

Naughty Monkey Love Story Booties in Taupe

Denim on Denim look perfect for the rodeo or western wear outfit idea

Elaine Turner Annabella Chevron Clutch

Baublebar Statement Necklace

Rodeo Outfit Idea - denim on denim with statement necklace, love!!

HALOGEN Chambray Shirt | PAIGE DENIM Skyline Skinny Jeans | NAUGHTY MONKEY Love Story Bootie | ELAINE TURNER Annabella Woven Chevron Clutch | BAUBLEBAR Phoenix Bib, Crystal Mason Ring  | KENDRA SCOTT Arden Bracelet in Platinum Drusy, Silver Elle Earrings in Purple Jade | STELLA & DOT Bracelet  | ESSIE Under Where? | MAC Lipstick in Faux

I originally had high hopes of wearing this outfit to the Rodeo/Miranda Lambert concert tomorrow until I saw the temperature would be around 35 degrees! While the concert venue is inside, the walk to from the car to the venue is very very very long! I still plan on wearing this outfit, I mean it’s super cute, just not until my next planned rodeo outing.  Denim is a western wear staple, and I wanted to try a denim on denim look for one of my rodeo outfits this year.  I like when the two shades of denim are very different, and for the top to be the lighter of the two shades.   Since my chambray shirt is more of a darker blue chambray, I went with my darkest pair of jeans to give it a good contrast.  When I finally wear this to the rodeo, I may pair it with my boots from Monday’s post.  But I  LOVE these Naughty Monkey booties, and I think they have a slight western flare!  I have mentioned in a previous post how amazingly comfortable they are, so they would be perfect for the loads of walking that happens at the Houston Rodeo.  To complete my western look, I added one of my favorite statement necklaces from Baublebar.  I love the way the blue and purple work together in this outfit.  The design of the gems also had a slightly western feel to them, and reminds me of some of the gorgeous pieces I often see at the booths in the shopping section of the rodeo.  Now I ‘m often to plan a more weather appropriate outfit for tomorrow, because my girlfriends and I totally still plan on enjoying  a glass of wine in the outdoor wine garden before the concert!

[jetpack_subscription_form title=” ” subscribe_text=”Enter email to subscribe and receive notification of new posts by email.” subscribe_button=”Submit”]

21 Responses to Denim Because It’s the Rodeo

1. Tameka says:

Beautiful necklace! It goes well with the denim shirt. Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

2. Pingback: Hump Day Happenings Link-Up #53 - Mandy Living Life

3. Pingback: Hump Day Happenings March 10, 2015 - Divas Run For Bling

4. This is such a pretty outfit, love the accessories too. You wear it all beautifully. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

5. Joanne says:

Big fan of those booties!

Cheers,
    Jo
    FabulouslyAverage

6. I’m a huge fan of denim and diamonds – stalking your necklace now! You look gorgeous x K

7. Shauna says:

You look so great in this outfit. Those booties are such a great color too -xx

Shauna

8. Kim says:

Love the statement necklace against your shirt and the booties~love!

9. Super cute outfit! love the necklace with it. I love my jean shirt, it is sooo comfy!

10. Great denim on denim look – I love the added bling!

Alice

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

11. The statement necklace over the denim shirt? Gorgeousness!

12. Jan says:

Have a great time at the concert! 🙂

-Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

13. I went to Eric Church last night, and I just love all of the denim outfits people keep putting together! I adore this one, and your accessorized it so well. Enjoy Miranda, she’s so much fun to watch.

14. Shelly says:

So jealous of all your rodeo outfits because that means you are GOING TO THE RODEO!! I saw George 2 years ago and took my son to Florida Georgia Line last year but this year we are sad to be skipping. I grew up going every year so I’m going to miss it!

15. Jess says:

Beautiful jewelry and accessories, love the booties. Great look, i love it as the light with the dark denim works well on you!
    from the link up, please stop by, jess xx

16. Monica says:

I love this look. You pull off the denim on denim look very well! I am dying to go to a rodeo, I miss it every year it’s in my state. I love your boots from Monday’s post as well, so cute!

17. Emily says:

I love this outfit! It would be adorable at the Rodeo!! I am so bummed at how cold it will be – my entire rodeo wardrobe is thrown off! I hope you have a great time tomorrow!