Hot and Cold

Chambray and Linen Skirt | Lady in Violet

Chambray with Gold Jewelry | Lady in Violet

Casual Outfit Idea | Lady in Violet

Casual Work Look | Lady in Violet

Marc by Marc Jacobs Bag | Lady in Violet

Casual Friday at the Office | Lady in Violet

HALOGEN Long Sleeve Chambray Shirt | LOFT Linen Utility Skirt | FRANCO SARTO Sharp Wedge Sandal [SIMILAR] | MARC BY MARC JACOBS Preppy Hobo, old [SAME IN NYLON]  | HOUSE OF HARLOW Sparkling Periphery Necklace | BAUBLEBAR Gold Ladder Cuff, Crystal Pixie Studs  | GORJANA Zion Necklace | RAYBAN Original Aviator Sunglasses | ESSIE Nail Polish in Limo-Scene | MAC Lipstick in Faux

You ever notice the hotter it gets outside, the colder inside feels.  This time of year sometimes you have to dress for 90+ outside temperatures plus the inside temps that feel like 50 or 60.  I like to mix some hot weather items like this linen skirt with something to keep my warm like a long sleeve shirt.  This linen fabric of this skirt is super lightweight and perfect for hot temperatures!!  As for the shirt, I like that I have the option to roll up my sleeves while outside, and roll them down inside to keep me warm.  I am definitely someone who gets cold easily, so I am always looking for ways to make sure my outfit can work in cooler temps no matter what the outside temp is, especially in an office environment.  I’m really liking the way the dark color of the chambray and olive green mix together, plus the addition of the dark purple bag just adds another dimension! I am definitely going to have to keep this color combo in mind for future use!

Side Note: Did ya’ll know I’m on Snapchat?  Check me out under username LADYINVIOLET.  If you are reading my post on Wednesday, you may still find a few snaps from the blogger dinner I attended last night at B&B Butchers & Restaurant.  PLUS, I am heading to the Southern Blog Society Conference this weekend and will definitely be sharing in on the fun via Snapchat!

RESTYLED & REMIXED
LOFT LINEN SKIRT: Summer Casual Style
HALOGEN CHAMBRAY SHIRT:  Living on the Edge

Follow Lady in Violet INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION

Lady in Violet

13 Responses to Hot and Cold

1. Tameka says:

I really like these colors together. Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

2. Thanks 4 linking up 2 Top of the World Style. I love the color combination of your OOTD. So unexpected, but it looks awesome!

3. Kate says:

Cute look! Loft has great summer skirts, I have their utility skirt (which is really similar to yours) and it pairs nicely with so many summer staples.

Also I totalllly feel you about the cold indoor temps! I keep either a scarf or cardigan or jacket in my car all summer to grab on my way into the store or someone’s house- I’m always freezing when I go inside, then burning up outside!

Kate
    kateintheclassroom.com

4. michelle says:

A chambray top is the perfect transitional temp piece. I am always sweating outside & then freezing once I get into my office! So hard to know what to wear each day!

Michelle paige
    michellespaige.com

5. Tianna says:

adorable summer outfit! love it 🙂

6. Cute outfit and I love the simple necklace! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

7. Jill says:

I’m the same way, I get cold easily and am always freezing indoors during the summer. This outfit is the perfect solution! Love the chambray and olive combo!

Jill
    Doused In Pink

8. Love a good denim shirt and it’s super cute with the utility skirt. I have the same bag in apple green. She’s a beauty!

9. Rose says:

Yes! Even though it is getting pretty hot out, it seems to be freezing inside! Great outfit to keep comfortable!

Rose

10. Kristin says:

This is a great look! I love chambray shirts! I’m stopping by from the Mid Week Muse Linkup!

Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

11. Yes! I totally feel that way too. I feel like a ton of places really jack up the AC on the hotter than hot days to the point that spending 5 minutes inside (office, shopping, etc.), I feel as though I am sniffling and sneezing! I always think I am going to catch a cold from being cold, but this look is a great compromise to escape and avoid that mentality! Love it!

Clare | Understated Classics

12. Laura says:

Cute look and yes, it’s usually uncomfortably cold inside!

Laura

13. Aspen Jay says:

I was curious at first about the title of your post being ‘hot and cold’ but it makes perfect sense! It is almost impossible to dress appropriately during the summer due to the change in temperature from inside to outside. Love your ideas, especially the option of rolling sleeves up of down.