What I Wore TBSCon: Orange Cocktail Dress

cocktail party outfit orange dress heels

SHOP THE LOOK

orange cocktail dress

gold drop earrings and stone bangles for summer party jewelry

orange cocktail dress for summer party summer heels for party and nude foldover clutch summer cocktail party outfit idea gorjana gold cuff bracelet and stone bangles greylin laser cut dress rent the runway review steve madden stecy sandals what to wear to summer cocktail party orange dress orange cocktail dress and clare v foldover clutch rainbow row charleston sc cocktail party outfit

GREYLIN Laser Cut Dress  (RENT IT)  | STEVE MADDEN Stecy Sandal  | CLARE V Foldover Clutch (SIMILAR FOR LESS) |  KENDRA SCOTT Sophie Drop Earrings  | BOURBON & BOWTIES Bangle Set  | GORJANA Gold Cuff Bracelet  | Lips: MAC Craving  | Nails: ESSIE Blanc  | KAREN WALKER c/o Harvest Sunglasses **Rent Free for 1 Month with code LADYINVIOLET

Good Morning! I’m sharing my final TBSCon outfit with you today, and it was the dress I wore on night one for the Welcome Cocktail party.   This dress was also Rent the Runway, but I found it on sale for only $90!!  It was such a fun dress and perfect for a summer cocktail party.  These pictures were taken on the famous Rainbow Row in Charleston!

When looking for a dress, I knew I wanted something fitted and a fun bright color! This orange cocktail dress was exactly what I had in mind.  It is fitted, but the material has stretch to it.  I REALLY like the added stretch because it made it easier to move around in, and I didn’t feel so stiff like in some fitted dresses.  The cut of the neckline was perfect to show off a little shoulder.  The laser cut detailing down the middle gave this dress just the slightest stand out detail I wanted.  I opted out of wearing a necklace because of the laser cut details.  Instead I grabbed for these large gold earrings.  Whenever I pass on a necklace, I feel like big earrings are a must!  I really felt this dress was a statement in itself, so I went with more of my gold basic jewelry.  From my hoop drop earrings to a little more simple bangles, I really wanted to be sure nothing took away from this dress.

The Welcome Party was so fun!  It was the first opportunity to meet the fellow bloggers attending the conference.  I met blogger pals who I only know on the internet side, so it was great to meet them in person.  Last week, all the conference pictures arrived in my inbox and I can’t wait to share some of them with y’all and more details about what all went on at the conference!  Stay tuned because that will be up in the next week or so.

Thanks for swinging by today and have a fabulous week!

PHOTO CREDIT: LA Photography

SHOP THE LOOK

Lady in Violet

20 Responses to What I Wore TBSCon: Orange Cocktail Dress

1. This coral shade is your color! I am obsessed with this dress!

2. Hillary says:

I seriously love this dress! The color is amazing and you looked like a knock-out! I’m so glad that I was finally able to meet you in person! Can’t wait until the next time we get try oysters again together! Lol

~Hillary

3. Lyddiegal says:

What a stunning dress! The color and detailing make it perfect for the summer, and I think the nude heels were the perfect choice to pair it with.

4. TBS Con sounded amazing, and your dress looks perfect for the South!

5. Lorena says:

Beautiful pictures-
    Such a pretty dress, I have never rented anything to wear –
    Oh, and I love your arm candy !

6. Rachel says:

Beautiful dress! Love that color on you!

7. This is such a beautiful cocktail dress, and I adore the color so much! You look fabulous, and so glad you shared this beautiful choice with us. TBScon looked like a great time! xx Adaleta Avdic

8. Elise says:

This dress looks amazing on you. I love the cut and color. Beautiful photos too!

xx, Elise

9. Morgan says:

I agree, I think the Welcome Party was one of my favorite events from the conference! I love this look on you!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

10. Anna Baun says:

Karen, this dress is gorgeous on you! I was so hoping to make it to the conference this year, but those tickets sold out so damn fast! 🙂 Definitely going to try to make it next year! XO

Anna || A Lily Love Affair

11. Can we talk about your accessories??! Cause they’re totally killing it!

12. you look great in that color, girl!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

13. Gorgeous photos! Nice fashion content 🙂

Audrey, http://www.frenchallure.ca/

14. Abby says:

I love the structured cut of this dress. Truly modern in style! Plus, your accessories are perfect!

Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

15. Maggie says:

I love Greylin dresses and this is no exception!! Gorgeous!

16. Lauren says:

This dress is gorgeous! I love the color on you!

Fizz and Frosting

17. Kristin says:

Adorable! I love all your bling. I’m not usually into drop earrings but I really like yours!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

18. Lexi says:

That dress is stunning on you! Love the detail and the neckline. 🙂
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

19. Anna English says:

Loving this color on you Karen!

20. What a gorgeous color on you! Love this dress.