Wearing White After Labor Day

casual summer outfit with white jeans

SHOP THE LOOK

gray lightweight blouse with long coin pendant necklace

summer outfit idea white jeans black wedges

caged black wedge sandals with rolled white skinny jeans

karen walker sunglasses

what to wear on vacation charleston cobblestone streets

what to wear in charleston - jeans wedges

casual weekend outfit white jeans gray vneck top

casual outfit white jeans black wedges gray top

ladies gray cotton blouse for summer or fall

charleston street style white jeans and wedge sandals

PLEIONE Mixed Media Tunic  | PAIGE Skinny Jeans  | SOLE SOCIETY Kianna Wedges/old (similar)  | STREET LEVEL Reversible Tote  | JULIE VOS Coin Pendant  | KENDRA SCOTT Elle Earrings  | HENRI BENDEL Deco Cuff,  White Bangle (similar)  | KAREN WALKER c/o Harvest Sunglasses  | Nails: ESSIE Blanc  |  Lips: MAC Craving

It’s my favorite day of the year! My Birthday!!  Since I was out of town this weekend for a friend’s bachelorette party, I plan on celebrating next weekend with family.  So you know just casually extending my birthday month into September. 🙂

Even though I love my birthday, it is always a little bittersweet.  It’s one of the last days of August and means time to say goodbye to summer.  One thing I will not be saying goodbye to though is my white jeans.  I feel like not wearing white after labor day is very much out!  These days white jeans transition flawlessly into your fall and winter wardrobe.   I love to pair them with grays like this top or a light gray sweater in winter.  You could totally get away with this same outfit and some cute maroon flats for fall.  So don’t pack away those white jeans quite yet, because winter white is very much in style.

This is the last outfit I shot while in Charleston earlier this month.  The streets of Charleston are a mix of paved, brick/stone, and these gorgeous cobblestone ones.  Honestly it’s ridiculously hard to walk on these streets.  Thankfully the wedges do make it a little easier/possible.  If you ever head to Charleston, I highly recommend flats or wedges so you can fully explore gorgeous streets like this one.

Ya’ll go enjoy this last week of summer, and I am going to start celebrating my birthday!!  Be sure to stop by Wednesday because I have a cute little fall look that you can wear now while the weather is still hot! See you then!

PHOTO CREDIT: LA Photography

SHOP THE LOOK

16 Responses to Wearing White After Labor Day

1. jacqui says:

Cute grey blouse, I’ll also remember to keep my white jeans out for a while, so long as the weather plays fair! Lovely blog and fab photos too. x Jacqui

2. Julia says:

What a nice outfit! I really like how a bit of white peeks out from your tank top underneath! I don’t mind wearing white after Labor Day as long as the fabric doesn’t seem thin and summery. Like I could imagine a pair of cream colored wool pants looking good. Unfortunately, I don’t own a pair. yet!

3. Karen Strand says:

The grey and white combinations is fresh and unexpected! I may have to copy this look 🙂 Happy Birthday!!

4. Shea says:

Happy birthday! I agree with you completely–I won’t be putting away my white jeans after Labor Day either. I love how you styled yours, this is such a perfect fall-transition look!

5. Elise says:

White looks great on you! love your sunnies too.

6. Angelle Marix says:

You look so pretty. Love this casual chic outfit. It’s perfect!!

xoxo,
    Angelle

7. Jessica says:

I love your sunnies! Karen Walker is one of my favorite sunglass brands!
    – Jessica
    Miss Moore Style

8. Anna English says:

Happy Birthday lady! I hope you have a fabulous day!

9. Lauren says:

I love that tunic! It looks fab with your white jeans!

Fizz and Frosting

10. Rachel Moore says:

Happy birthday!!!!
    I love this look. I love white and definitely think there’s a place for winter white. Certainly styles are different than summer but something like this is perfect and add boots or heels – whatever it weather appropriate for your geography. Have fun celebrating!
    Rachel

11. Lee Anne says:

Love everything about this look! I have those sunnies too and where them ALL of the time!
    xo
    Lee Anne

12. i love that blouse! that grey color is perfection!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

13. Nina - the HSS feed says:

I love breaking this fashion “rule” and the silver accessories are great with this look!

xx Nina

14. Love wearing white year-round. Obsessed with those sunglasses!