Mad about Plaid

Houston Fashion Blogger styles a fall outfit idea wearing dark plaid tunic and skinny jeans.

Lady in Violet wears a burgundy and navy plaid tunic from Nordstrom.

Texas Fashion Blogger wears Joes Jeans dark skinny jeans with black laceup heels.

Houston Fashion Blogger shares fall style inspiration featuring a plaid blouse and jeans.

Lady in Violet carries the Gigi New York all in one bag in embossed python.

Houston Fashion Blogger wears a fall outfit featuring a burgundy and navy plaid tunic.

Houston Fashion Blogger wears a Thanksgiving outfit idea including a plaid top and lace up heels.

Houston Style Blogger wears dark skinny jeans for fall and Charles david black laceup pumps.

Houston Fashion Blogger, Lady in Violet wears a Nordstrom burgundy and navy plaid tunic and Kendra Scott silver jewelry.

Houston Fashion Bloggers styles a fall weekend outfit featuring a plaid blouse and skinny jeans with heels.

BP Plaid Tunic *40% off! |  JOES JEANS Dark Skinny Jeans  | CHARLES DAVID Lace-Up Heels  |  GIGI NY All in One Bag  |  KENDRA SCOTT Elle Earrings in Slate,  Elisa Necklace,  Arden Bracelet (similar) |  RAYBAN Mirrored Aviators  | Lips: PIXI Sheer Rose  |  Nails:  ESSIE c/o Satin Sister

One of my favorite things about plaid is to see the different color pairings in each one.  I saw this navy and burgundy plaid tunic online months ago and fell in love.  It immediately found it’s way to my current cravings list.  Once I saw it in store, I became even more smitten with the color combo.  This top is a tunic length which makes it perfect to pair with leggings and boots or underneath a chunky knit sweater in winter.  I definitely see more of this color combination in my fall and winter future!

I am so excited for this week, because I have so many fun activities going on.  It starts with a ZTA Alumnae gathering, followed by a night with my bestie Adele, and ends with the mega holiday shopping extravaganza, The Nutcracker Market.

I am the most excited about the Adele concert.  I have had tickets for a year!!  Her last Houston concert like 4 years ago was cancelled because of her throat surgery, and I have been waiting for her to come back ever since then.  I also took Thursday and Friday off work for the Nutcracker Market.  Yes my Houston readers, I am one of those crazies who goes first thing when it opens!  Although I am thinking about going later in the afternoon this year to let the crowds calm down a bit.  The market is amazing, but not when it’s so crowded you can’t move or go in any of the booths. Now I just have to get through these 3 work days!!  Ya’ll have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!!

OH and SALE ALERT – Nordstrom is having a Fall Clearance Sale with 40% off many items including some fall and winter staples like boots and coats.

SHOP THE LOOK

15 Responses to Mad about Plaid

1. Rachel Garay says:

Have fun at the concert and great top. Plaid is a definite favorite around this time in the year.
    Thank you for linking up to “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me” link up
    Rachel xo

2. Kristin says:

I’m mad for plaid, too! I usually gravitate toward red plaids but I love the colors in this one, too.
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

3. Ruth says:

Sounds like a huge fun time you’ll be having! I love your plaid top! The color is great on you!

4. That plaid shirt is so perfect! Not to much, subtle and perfect with jeans or leggings. And what’s a Nutcracker Market? My vision is a big warehouse full of nutcrackers?

• Karen says:

Ha! It’s a GIANT holiday market with hundreds of booths filled with holiday decor, gift ideas, party food ideas, clothes and jewelry and more.

5. Loving the plaid and those shoes! The perfect combo 🙂

6. carolyn says:

Adele? Lucky!!! That will be amazing! You look great! Love the plaid color combo.

7. Rachel says:

Simply beautiful and it is perfect on you!

8. Sarah Bell says:

Loving the way you’ve styled your plaid! I just did a post about plaid today too 🙂
    #ConfidentTwosday

Sarah Bell

9. Liv says:

Plaid is a must have for the fall.

Liv

10. Love, love that top! I also love how long it is. I am pregnant right now and slowly ditching my shorter tops in favor of tunics. Plaid will always have my heart especially in Fall.

11. Rosie says:

at first I was like Oh I like the top great colors. . . . than I saw the shoes and I was like OMG THOSE SHOES ARE FABULOUS . . . so basically what I am trying to say can I have this look waiting for me in my closet PLEASE? hahah

Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

12. Mica says:

That is an awesome shirt – the colours are really nice and it’s perfect with your jeans!

Hope you’ve had a great weekend 🙂 Sounds like you have a wonderful week ahead.

Away From The Blue Blog

13. Lauren says:

It sounds like you have such a fun week ahead of you!! I love the colors of this tunic. So pretty!

By Lauren M