Take a Fashion Chance

Office Style Outfit Idea - Dobbin Sylvie Dress with brown pumps and gold jewelry

Outfit Idea - Create a winter look from a fall dress by adding a button down blouse underneath!

Joan and David Brown Riding Boots

Dobbin Plum Dress with Blouson Sleeves, perfect for work!

Dobbin Plum Sylvie Ponte Dress with Elaine Turner bella clutch

Plum dress with gold jewelry and brown python clutch

DOBBIN  Sylvie Blouson Sleeve Ponte Dress c/o | NINE WEST Regolar Platform Pump  | ELAINE TURNER Bella Chocolate Python Clutch | KENDRA SCOTT Skylar Earrings in Tiger’s Eye
| GORJANA Mika Necklace, Zion Necklace  | BAUBLEBAR Slim Hinge Bangle, Old [SIMILAR] | FORMULA X Infinite | MAC Lipstick in ‘Faux’

Winter Additions: BANANA REPUBLIC Fitted Non-Iron Sateen Shirt  | JOAN & DAVID Boots, Old [SIMILAR]  | GORJANA Mia Tiered Necklace

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am not a fan of winter.  My winter clothes probably make up like 10% of my closet.  Most of the times during winter, I just toss a cardigan on over my fall and spring dresses to winterize them up a bit.  The only downside is this usually covers up some really beautiful tops and dresses!  As soon I saw this Dobbin Clothing dress, I was in love!  I love that there is movement from the blouson sleeve, but the dress is still fitted in the body.  I also love the cut of the v-neck on this dress.  I think it comes to the perfect point on the chest.  Don’t even get me started on the plum color, it’s definitely up there on my favorite colors to wear list.  The cold January temperature we have been having was keeping this dress hanging in my closet just staring at me.  I will normally pair my long sleeve button down shirts underneath sleeveless sheath dresses, and so I decided to take a fashion chance and try it under my Dobbin Sylvie dress.  Can I just say I definitely had an I’m a genius moment!!  I love love love the way this dress looks alone with a pair of pumps, but I was amazed how fabulous it looked with a button down underneath.  This is definitely where the great cut of the v-neck comes in handy to allow the button down shirt to rest so perfectly on the top of the dress.  Feeling inspired, I decided to toss on my favorite pair of brown boots, and viola – a winter look from a fall/spring dress!  I’m so excited to discover a new way to wear some of my favorite dresses ,but I am most excited to finally get to take this dress out for a spin!!

[jetpack_subscription_form title=” ” subscribe_text=”Enter email to subscribe and receive notification of new posts by email.” subscribe_button=”Submit”]

46 Responses to Take a Fashion Chance

1. Bridgette says:

I agree with you…winter is hard to dress for. Layers and layers I guess…you did it right with this dress and with that shirt underneath! So dang cute! That plum color looks really good on you by the way! 🙂

-Bridgette

2. Rebecca H says:

This dress is so classy and gorgeous! It looks great on you, and I love it styled with brown.

3. Love this look. thanks so much for linking up hope to see you Thursday

4. lauryn hock says:

Thanks for linking up! Be sure to link-back in the post! This dress fits you wonderfully.

5. Megan Walker says:

I am also obsessed with that plum color, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings : )

6. Leanne says:

Love the two looks! Great post! Visiting from the Trendy Wednesday Link Up.

Leanne,
    Classy Yet Trendy

7. Missy G says:

I love both of the ways you styled this dress. I am totally with you on winter clothes, with our climate! If only it lasted a little longer, to justify expanding my wardrobe, in that department. Lol, regardless, you look fab!

8. Chimee says:

Cute dress! Love the color

9. shasie says:

I love the unique silhouette and fit of this dress, and the color is great! Winter does suck!
    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

10. Tameka says:

I really like that dress. And it looks good in both ways that you styled it. Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

11. Faith Haller says:

I love this outfit and the shade against your skintone, hair color and eyes. Definitely suitable for any occasion as long as it’s dressed up the right way. Thank you for sharing.

12. Loving the dress. I think with the boots and shirt is my favourite look, it looks amazing. Great styling. #streetstylesunday

13. Jami says:

That color is perfect for your hair and skin tone, it looks great! I also loved that you layered it with a button down. Two outfits in one!!

14. I love the second look with the boots. Nice job on changing the look.

15. Very nice dress! Love the accessories and shoe options. I’d go with the boots! 🙂

16. You certainly cannot beat layers, I love that it means you can mix up the seasons. I have to admit to loving my winter wardrobe. I probably have more of a 50/50 balance. Thank you for linking up to #StreetStyleSunday

17. This dress is gorgeous on you. I love the idea of laying a shirt under dresses and do that to give it a totally different look.

Alice

18. Great way to extend the wear of your dress! Thanks for your inspiration. I am always looking for new fashion tips.

19. Wow! You look great and modest too! Thanks for sharing!

20. What a great dress! Love both of the ways that you styled it 🙂

XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

21. mark says:

ok, you look dang awesome in either way you wear this dress! love it with your boots and with your heels! 🙂

22. Jess says:

I love the whole outfitl THe plum color is fabulous on you and adding the top is so smart. Great boots too
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess xx

23. Way to mix it up…I love it with the blouse underneath! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

24. I find it hard to have a fun style for winter because it is just so cold here that everything needs to focus on warmth first! I often layer collared shirts under sleeveless dresses, but I’ve never thought to use any other style of dress – thanks for the inspiration!

25. V says:

The plum color totally suits you Karen! Very pretty on you. I never would have thought to put a button down shirt underneath the dress but it’s actually really nice that way. Bonus that you have the added warmth of an extra layer too.

V
    L I F E + 1

26. Such a gorgeous color on you! Love how you styled it two ways, especially with the tall boots. Pinning this for inspiration! Stopping by from the What I Wore to Work linkup 🙂

27. Gorgeous dress. The colour suits you so well.

Jennifer Jayne xx
    jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

28. LOVE the winter look with those boots! Thanks for linking up!! XOXO

29. Vanessa says:

I love how you styled it both ways! I hate winter clothes as well. I much prefer spring/summer!

30. lorna mai says:

i’ve never layered a dress with a white shirt, I must try this look sometime. You look great.

31. Jennie says:

Beautiful dress! I love how layering the shirt underneath really transformed the whole look!

32. Michelle says:

This dress looks fantastic with a crisp top layered underneath! Stealing style inspiration from you!

michellespaige.blogspot.com

33. Kristina says:

Great idea. and I have the perfect purple dress to use. Thanks for the idea

34. Megan says:

The color of the dress is beautiful and it looks great both ways.

35. Jill says:

Your dress is such a great color! I love the winterized look with the white blouse peaking out and that cute necklace!

Jill