The Backup Plan

Backup Plan for last minute changes, pencil skirt with tunic and wedges, office look

Office Look, print blouse and pencil skirt, spring style

Office Outfit Idea for Spring, checked print blouse with pencil skirt

Office Outfit Idea, Printed blouse with black pencil skirt and wedges

Nordstrom top, loft skirt, gigi ny clutch - office outfit idea

love this gigi ny black clutch!!

Spring Office Outfit Idea - printed blouse and pencil skirt, love it!

Spring Office Outfit Idea - pencil skirt, pleione blouse, sole society wedges

PLEIONE Print Roll Sleeve Blouse | LOFT Scuba Pencil Skirt | SOLE SOCIETY Kimber Wedge Sandal | GIGI NY All in One Bag | GORJANA Zion Necklace, Chloe Large Studs, Mika Necklace | BAUBLEBAR slim Hinge Bangle, Old [SIMILAR] | RAYBAN Original Aviator Sunglasses | STILA Stay All Day Lipstick in Fiery | ESSIE Fiji

You ever have those days where you stand in your closet completely undecided on what to wear?  Or what usually happens to me, the outfit you had planned has one or more parts in the laundry basket?  As frustrating as this is, I also have put together some of the most fabulous outfits in this moment.  I am usually more experimental in mixing up pieces and often do not have the time to second guess or overthink an outfit decision.  My look today is one of those last minute outfits for me. This top pairs amazingly with the skinny Loft moto pants that I wear on the weekly.  When they are dirty which they very often are, I have to go for the backup plan.  I have recently fallen in love with pairing my tunics with pencil skirts, so why not try out this checked print blouse with my top go to black pencil skirt from Loft.  This is my second tunic blouse from Pleione, the first an amazing mixed media tunic.  I love the cut and fit of their tops.  I was actually on my way to check out at Nordstrom when I saw this top.  The print initially drew me in, and when I saw that the brand was one I had a good experience with, I had to try it on. Definitely, a print I see wearing well into fall this year.  With this outfit, I decided to break away from the normal black pumps and pencil skirt rut I sometimes fall into when rushed to get dressed in the morning.   I love my pumps, but at the end of winter I am always itching to get back in my sandals and wedges.  These wedges looked great a few weeks back with skinny jeans, and I am really liking how they pair with pencil skirts.  A nice break from the usual, and often expected black pump.

Follow Lady in Violet INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | SUBSCRIBE

Lady in Violet

20 Responses to The Backup Plan

1. Sharon says:

I love this outfit. I am the worst at putting clothes together. It’s usually jeans, tank, flip flops, or in the winter, jeans, tank/tee, uggs. I’m so boring, yes I know. But inspiring post! Sharing! Thanks for sharing this at Totally Terrific Tuesday! I can’t wait to see what you have for this week.

Sharon
    herorganizedchaos.com

2. What a great look. Pinned and tweeted. We love to party with you, so I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Have an amazing day! Lou Lou Girls

3. Ellie says:

Stunning outfit combo!!

4. Angie says:

For a last minute look you pulled this outfit off so well! That top and sandals are so fun and I love that clutch!

I can’t wait until the weather warms up a little here so I can start to wear open toe shoes, I have a pair of heels really similar to yours but I haven’t worn them in a long time. your outfit just gave me serious inspiration!

Thank you for joining the #reasonstodress linkup, love having you!

Angie from reasons to dress

5. Gorgeous shoes – you are so right, it’s nice to break out the tootsies at the end of winter, and it makes a change from the standard black pumps! Thanks for linking to #AllAboutYou

6. Mila says:

I love shopping at Loft too:)
    You make the pencil skirt look less like an office ware, I can see this as a dressy casual for a lunch with a friend. It is probably the shoes that create that feel. Very nice!

Visiting from Tuesday Talk, have a nice week!

7. Ashley says:

Awesome grid print blouse, doll! You look super chic!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

8. Shelly says:

I love Pleione tops. This looks great on you.

9. Keri says:

Love that blouse! So many options with it- thanks for linking with Tuesday Talk!

10. I love the twist on windowpane with the navy and white. You look great!

11. Tina says:

Love the outfit inspiration. I have had a pencil skirt since high school and still wear it!! They are timeless!!

12. Alicia says:

Looking fabulous as usual. In a outfit you just threw together no less x

13. Michelle says:

This is such a great plaid top!

xo, Michelle Paige
    michellespaige.com

14. mark says:

you look gorgeous! that is such a cute outfit!

15. Julie Hood says:

that same thing has been happening to me! i’ve been mixing prints/textures, mostly in a last-minute rush to pick something out (and the results haven’t always been bad! haha). i posted a random outfit combo here. i love your printed top and THOSE SHOES!! so glad you posted this on the oak and oat’s linkup!

16. Patti says:

Gorgeous blouse! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

17. Red Reticule says:

I love your simple elegant look! That blouse is beautiful.
    Red Reticule