Taylor Blue

Casual Weekend Outfit | Lady in Violet

Shop for a Cause - OPI Taylor Blue Nail Polish benefiting Taylor's Gift Foundation

OPI Nail Polish in Taylor Blue | Lady in Violet

Casual Summer Outfit Idea | Lady in Violet

OPI Taylor Blue Nail Polish benefiting Taylor's Gift Foundation | Lady in Violet

Summer Jeans and Nail Polish Color | Lady in Violet

Summer Casual Outfit Idea | Lady in Violet

OPI Taylor Blue Nail Polish | Lady in Violet

OPI Nail Polish in Taylor Blue

A little over a month ago, I had the privilege of listening to one of the most inspiring keynote speakers that I have heard in some time.  When it comes to keynote speakers, I usually end up tuning out by the end.  The speaker was Tara Storch, co-founder of Taylor’s Gift Foundation.  I had no idea what I was in store for with this speaker.  By the time she was done, the entire room was in tears and thinking of one thing – how will we outlive ourselves.  Tara told the story of her 13-year old daughter Taylor who was killed in a tragic ski accident five years ago.  Taylor’s parents chose to help keep the spirit of their daughter alive by donating her organs to those who needed them.  Because of Taylor’s Gift, five people received a second chance at life including a mother of two.  The Storch family did not stop there.  They soon started the Taylor’s Gift Foundation to honor their daughter’s beautiful spirit and to help educate and inspire others to consider the gift of organ donation.  I will admit I am not an organ donor.  I have watched one too many made for TV movies that had me thinking absolutely no way.  Listening to Tara speak and debunk a few of the myths I listed as reasons I will not donate, has since had me reconsidering.  I have not yet registered as an organ donor, but for once I am not completely writing it off.  It is a big decision, one that I am thinking about much more lately.  Tara ended by asking us one question – How will you outlive yourself?  It is a question I have been thinking about ever since that afternoon.  To think that you give another person hope for a second chance at life is something pretty amazing.   What I found to be the most amazing thing from this whole story, is how this family took something so sad and tragic and turned it into something beautiful.   I find that to be the most inspiring part of this whole story and a huge reason why I wanted to share this story with you.    No matter what life throws at you, you will always come out on the other side.   I wanted to dedicate my entire post today to helping spread the inspiring message of the Taylor’s Gift Foundation.  April is National Donate Life Month, and the foundation has teamed up with OPI to offer this limited edition Taylor Blue nail polish.  The color is based on Taylor’s blue eyes. The partnership with OPI helped Taylor’s Gift launch the Legacy Gift program which supports those who have been touched by organ donation.  Proceeds from the Taylor Blue nail polish help fund the program and the Taylor’s Gift Mission.  If you would like to learn more about Taylor’s Gift Foundation, register to be an organ donor, or purchase the nail polish head to TaylorsGift.org.

The Taylor’s Gift Foundation did not ask me to write this post, I was just truly inspired by this family and wanted to help spread their message.

[jetpack_subscription_form title=” ” subscribe_text=”Enter email to subscribe and receive notification of new posts by email.” subscribe_button=”Submit”]

14 Responses to Taylor Blue

1. Susan says:

Gorgeous nail polish and love the yellow and denim combo. Thanks for sharing at the This Is How We Roll Link Party at Organized 31.

2. Shelly says:

Thanks so much for sharing. It always amazes me the strength people can find through tragedy. What an amazing way to honor their daughter.

3. Very inspiring! I am an organ donor after seeing the difference it made when 2 of my aunts who passed away from cancer donated their organs to help others. Thanks for sharing at Women With Intention Wednesdays!

4. Tameka says:

I think it is wonderful that OPI is teaming up with the foundation. The nail color is very pretty. I love your blouse and the entire casual look. Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

5. Thank you for sharing this, I have not heard of this foundation before and what a great thing they are doing. Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

Alice

6. Tawnya says:

Stories like this make me so proud to be an organ donor! Love that nail polish too 🙂 Thanks for linking up this week on the Saturday Spotlight! Xo

7. Pinky says:

That is such a beautiful blue color.

8. Christina says:

This is such a great post! I love OPI even more now that they offered this polish! I love that the color was based on her eye color; so personal!

9. This is a wonderful post . Thank you for shining the light on a very important topic, organ donation has a lot of misinformation out there. Taylors parents and the foundation honoring their daughter is helping to show that out of a storm of tragedy comes a rainbow of hope for others.

OPI is a favorite of mine , fun color.

Hugs and thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

10. Love love love this color of blue especially for spring and summer. It just screams beach! Nice pics!

11. Holly says:

Karen – Thank you for such an amazing post! I went to college with one of Taylor’s teachers and have been amazed and inspired with the stories she has told about Taylor’s parents and their willingness and determination to see Taylor’s legacy live on. Thank you for encouraging us to think about it before it’s too late. My family has been blessed twice with organ donations. We are forever grateful. Thank you for linking up and sharing this with Waiting on…Wednesday at While I’m Waiting blog!

12. Laura says:

Such a pretty shade…I love products that give back!

Laura

13. The story was sweet for me. I love your nail polish and the sun glass as well.