Vintage for Earth Day

Blue Dress with Nude Sandals | Lady in Violet

Shopping Vintage for Earth Day | Lady in Violet

Vintage Blue Dress and Gold Jewelry | Lady in Violet

Outfit Idea - Vintage Blue Dress with Gold Jewelry | Lady in Violet

Elaine Turner Chevron Clutch | Lady in Violet

Vintage Blue Dress, perfect for Spring! | Lady in Violet

CHEEKY VINTAGE Blue Dress | ENZO ANGIOLINI Brodee Sandal | ELAINE TURNER Annabella Chevron Clutch | GORJANA Aldridge Drop Earrings**, Mia Tiered Necklace | BAUBLEBAR Slim Hinge Bangle, old [SIMILAR] | HOUSE OF HARLOW Tessellation Cuff** | JULEP Shari | GLO MINERALS Empress Rose

** c/o Rocksbox Jewelry Subscription (First Month Free with Code LADYINVIOLETXOXO)

Happy Earth Day!  I am a big recycler! I was over the moon excited when my neighborhood started a recycling program last year.  Every week I pile plastic bottles, cardboard boxes and a wine bottle or two in my recycling bin.  I love having the opportunity to do my part to help save our planet.  My favorite form of recycling hands down is shopping vintage.  I have found some awesome vintage shops in Houston like Queen of Heirs for jewelry and most recently Cheeky Vintage for all things fashion.  I stopped by a few weeks ago for a fellow blogger buddies event and fell in love with a vintage locket that will be in Friday’s post.  I got carried away socializing with other bloggers and did not purchase it.  I couldn’t get it out of my head, so I went back about a week later in hopes it would still be there.  That is the thing about vintage shops, all items are one of a kind.  If you do not buy it this trip, it may not be there when you come back.  Luckily for me, the locket was still there!! It must have been fate! I decided to take a closer look around the store for other fun vintage finds.  I stumbled across this blue dress.   I wasn’t 100% sure about it at first, mainly because I had no idea where I would wear it.  But I loved it and kept circling back to it.  I finally decided to try it on, and I was immediately sold!  The dress is a shear layer over a blue slip.  I immediately knew I could take just the shear layer and make another fabulous outfit!  My favorite part of this dress, it is one of a kind.  I do not have to worry about walking in to an event and seeing someone else in my dress!  If you live in the Houston area and are a fan of vintage fashion, I highly recommend stopping into Cheeky Vintage!  The ladies there are amazing!!  They will let you just walk around and admire all the amazing vintage pieces which I love!  I sometimes get lost in the clothes when I shop so I definitely appreciate the opportunity to get lost in a store especially a vintage shop full of such fabulous pieces!  It is almost like a fashion museum! AND if you do go to the store, you MUST check out the sequins closet!!  I seriously want everything in there!!!!  Since this dress is vintage, I have no link to buy, but I did link the store’s website so you can peruse their vintage selection no matter where you live.  Happy Earth Day!!!

[jetpack_subscription_form title=” ” subscribe_text=”Enter email to subscribe and receive notification of new posts by email.” subscribe_button=”Submit”]

21 Responses to Vintage for Earth Day

1. Alicia says:

Gorgeous dress x

2. Tameka says:

What beautiful dress! And I like the shades of blue. Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

3. This dress s stunning on you – the color is beautiful! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

Alice

4. Always a fan of a vintage frock – especially one as pretty as this!

Thanks for joining me for Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday x

5. Love your blog and Love to invite you to Fabulous Friday Party going on now!
    Thanks Maria

6. lauryn hock says:

I just came from the What I Wore Link Up. I love this outfit. So unique!
    You should come link up over at my style & beauty link up! The Style Files Link-Up

7. What a lovely dress. The colour and the flowy style is absolutely stunning!

8. That dress is stunning on you. I love everything about it and especially the uniqueness. Thanks for linking up and I hope to see you next week

9. ♥renae says:

Very nicely done! Tremendous styling of a vintage dress that does transfer to trends now, especially with the accessories you used. and …newest follower.

♥renae
    renae’s repertoire
    renaesrepertoire.com

10. Yet to shop vintage but now I feel like I must!!

11. Seema says:

Oh my, I am in love with that dress!

12. Grace says:

I love those vintage shops! There are so many unique things there that you just will not find anywhere else! Your blue dress is stunning! Love the flowy vibe and sp feminine!

Grace

13. It’s pretty. I love scalloped clothes & accessories. They look so cool and pretty!
    krl

14. Darcy says:

This color is beyond beautiful on you!

15. Carly says:

Gorgeous dress! It’s perfect for earth day….light and flow, and a bit whimsical.
    Happy Earth Day!
    Dresses & Denim

16. Alena says:

The design of that dress is absolutely gorgeous – and the color is the most amazing shade ever!

Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

17. Kathy says:

That dress is stunning — good choice

18. I love how delicate and flowy this dress is! Such a pretty color too! Happy Earth Day!!

19. Ursula says:

Happy Earth Day! That necklace is great 🙂 I like the length. Our town is starting a curbside recycling program later this year and I’m so excited. I think the easier you make it for people the more likely they’ll recycle and then everybody wins