All in the Details

Nordstrom Dress in Marsala Color of the year | Lady in Violet

Fall Outfit Idea for Work | Lady in Violet

Cute Nude Peep Toe Pumps | Lady in Violet

Fall Outfit Idea for a Work Party | Lady in Violet

Gold Arm Stack | Lady in Violet

Fall Outfit Idea Maroon | Lady in Violet

LUSH Karly Shift Dress *NSale Item! | CHARLES BY CHARLES DAVID Fox Platform Peep Toe Pump *Nsale Item | DANIELLE NICOLE Adeline Clutch | SWELL CAROLINE c/o Enamel Signature Bracelet | BAUBLEBAR Gold Ladder Cuff, Slim Hinge Bangle, old [SIMILAR]Zion Necklace| KENDRA SCOTT Skylar Earrings | MAC Lipstick in Faux | ESSIE Nail Color in Fiji

I love shopping the Nordstrom sale, but I hate waiting for cooler weather to wear all my fun new clothes.  I did pick up a few pieces that I could start styling now, and this dress is one of them.  It is a close race, but I’m pretty sure this is my favorite purchase from the sale.  This dress comes in a few other colors, but this wine color is so gorgeous!  I am always drawn to any clothes in this color because it mixes so well with others.  I can pair it with both brown and black shoes, or for summer a great nude pump.  These shoes were also a Nordstrom Sale purchase.  I loved that the color was close to my skin tone, so it intensifies the long leg illusion.  I’m 5’3, so a shoe that makes me look taller is pretty much an immediate add this to my cart item.  I wear my patent ones all the time in spring and summer, so I know these are going to be put to very good use!

For this look, I was trying to plan something for a wedding or an after work event.  I decided I wanted my jewelry to have a simple, sophisticated look.  I knew my new Swell Caroline bracelet would be the perfect compliment to this dress.  Swell Caroline has an amazing variety when it comes to jewelry.  They have tons of fun, colorful pieces and classic sophisticated styles.  They also have a huge selection of monogrammed pieces too!!  This bracelet has four color options, but I knew I wanted to go with white.  I love how the white pops against the gold.  I also think the white version has a high versatility factor which is a winner in my book.  I can wear it in all seasons and with an array of colors.  I have had fun mixing it in with my other bracelets (aka you will be seeing this beauty again).  I feel it was that missing piece to my arm stack. I have really been wanting to add a few colorful jewelry pieces to my collection, and this place will definitely be one of my first stops. Swell Caroline has more than just jewelry too! I have been eyeing this little beach tote for an upcoming girl’s getaway weekend!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!!  I had so much fun spending time with my family and my mom for her birthday!!  Now off to tackle another work week!!  Thanks for stopping by the blog!

Follow Lady in Violet INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION

Lady in Violet

17 Responses to All in the Details

1. Pingback: La Déjeuner Sur L'herbe - Dressing for The Grand Hotel of Rimini - Reasons to Dress

2. Angie says:

You have such absolutely elegant style. I usually hate super tall platform shoes but I love how you wore these and their neutral color! I also had no idea you were 5 ‘3!! I’m 4’9 and you’re right…..anything that makes me taller is a winner.

Thank you for joining the #reasonstodress linkup!

Angie from reasons to dress, fashion, travel and life as a mom in Italy.

3. Ana Luiza says:

Love that your hair and dress nearly match in color! I also love the nude heels trick for us petite ladies. They always make me feel like my legs are miles long. Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish!
    xo – Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

4. Michelle says:

This tunic dress is going to be PERFECT in the fall. I love how you wasted no time wearing it by pairing it with nude accessories!

michellespaige.com

5. Lisa says:

Gorgeousssssssssssss XO!! Thank you so much for sharing with #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/search/label/LINKUP%20with%20Lisa

6. Emma Peach says:

The dress is a lovely colour, it really suits you!

Emma xx

7. Jess says:

This is a great color on you! Love the ease of the dress, and the cut out on the clutch

Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday
    jess xx

8. Denise says:

Love your dress! The color is just gorgeous on you! I really am loving all of your accessories, you styled this whole outfit so well.

Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!

Denise | Fashion Love Letters

9. Michele says:

Fabulous outfit detailing. Wine colored outfits paired with gold jewelry is one of my favorite late summer/early fall looks. The Fox Platform Peep Toe Pump look fantastic on you. 🙂

10. Ashley says:

Love this color with the nude shoes. Very classic! Thanks for linking up this week!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

11. Darcy says:

I ordered this dress too and am also wearing it in today’s post! I can already tell I will get so much use out of it!!

12. That dress was totally on my radar for the sale! I had it in my cart and then took it out but now I’m wishing I kept it!!! That looks fabulous on you!

13. Amy says:

What a lovely dress! The color and style look beautiful on you!

14. Ashley says:

This dress and the color of it look amazing on you! I need to add more long sleeved dresses to my wardrobe.

15. Love the shoes and that dress is perfect for swapping between seasons. Love the sleeves on it!!

16. Laura says:

I adore that clutch – great look!

Laura

17. That dress is gorgeous on you! And I love that clutch too! Super cute!