Where are my football fans at? Mixing it up with a yummy and super easy party snack recipe just in time for Sunday’s big game! This sausage and cream cheese dip recipe has been a long time favorite of mine, and I introduced Steve to it this year. We wanted something different than our normal queso and chips, and I thought of this old favorite. He was instantly hooked and requested it be added into our football snack rotation.
It’s so easy to make, and you only need THREE ingredients! I personally love to use fire roasted diced tomatoes, but you can use the regular or mix it up with one of the other varities. Serve this party dip with either tortilla chips or corn chips.
Not only is this dip only 3 ingredients, but you can also make it in one pan for easy cleanup. Once I brown the sausage, I remove to drain and add in my cream cheese to soften for a bit before mixing in a can of diced tomatoes and green chiles.
Stir those two ingredients together until the cheese is melted and smooth. I stir almost constantly to prevent the cheese from burning on the bottom of the pan.
Once you have a smooth consistency, add back in your browned sausage and mix to combine. Your dip is now ready to serve! Yes this dip is that easy!!
This sausage and cream cheese dip is great right off the stove when it’s still warm. One of the perks of this dip, it still tastes yummy at room temperature. I personally prefer it about 20-30 minutes after it’s done cooking. A dip than doesn’t need to stay warm all party or game long is perfect in my book.
What is your favorite football party snack??
Easy Sausage and Cream Cheese Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 bags tortilla chips
- Brown the sausage in a pan. Drain the grease and set aside.
- Soften the cream cheese in a pan over medium heat. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and green chiles. Stir until combined and cheese is smooth.
- Once cheese is melted,turn off the heat and add in the browned sausage. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm or let sit for about 30 minutes to cool slightly. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
SHOP THE POST
SHOP THE OUTFIT