Boho Chic Experiment

Boutique Boho Blue Dress and Booties | Lady in Violet

Gold Necklaces from Gorjana, Kendra Scott Elle Earrings | Lady in Violet

Boho Chic Outfit Idea - Free Spirit dress and booties | Lady in Violet

Naughty Monkey Love Story Booties | Lady in Violet

Boho Chic Style - Blue Easy Fit Dress and Booties | Lady in Violet

Fourth of July Dress Outfit idea | Lady in Violet

Boho Chic Outfit Idea for beginners, easy fit dress and booties | Lady in Violet

POMP & CIRCUMSTANCE Dress, sold out [SIMILAR IN WHITE] |  NAUGHTY MONKEY Love Story Bootie | GORJANA Mika Necklace,  Zion Necklace | HOUSE OF HARLOW Reflector Bangle | BAUBLEBAR Pave Links Bracelet, old [SIMILAR] | KENDRA SCOTT Elle Earrings in Slate | JULEP Shari

I love a gorgeous boho chic look.  The carefree and effortless vibe the style embodies is beautiful.  After years of admiring the style from afar, I decided it was time to try it out for myself.  I had found pieces here and there, but I was never 100% sold on the look on me.  I had begun to think that maybe this style was one I would just admire on others and in pictures.   Despite the discouragement, I continued to try on pieces with the boho chic spirit, and that led me to this dress.  I fell in love with the gorgeous blue color.  It flows amazingly and the comfort level is a dream!  When I tried this on in the store, I thought to myself maybe I can do boho chic.  I also bought the last blue version of this dress, but linked the white version which is just as gorgeous.  After the color, the second big seller for me to even try on the dress was the price tag.  Whenever I am shopping for styles that are new or that I am on the fence about, I always look for a lower priced version first.  I would hate to spend a $100 plus on something only to realize it really was not me after all.  I  did this a few years ago when skinny jeans became popular.  I headed to my local Target and bought one pair for like 30 dollars.  I also proceeded to wear them every week until they were super faded.  I decided it was probably a style that was worth investing in.  I will probably wear this dress a few more times before fully investing in some of the more expensive brands like Free People or Stone Cold Fox.  Although I think this dress might be a little too memorable, so I may have to go back to Pomp and Circumstance and check out some of there other boho type dresses. Are there any styles you love on others but not so much on yourself?

RESTYLED & REMIXED
BOOTIES: What I Wore: Airport Style
LAYERING NECKLACES: Take a Fashion Chance

[jetpack_subscription_form title=” ” subscribe_text=”Enter email to subscribe and receive notification of new posts by email.” subscribe_button=”Submit”]

17 Responses to Boho Chic Experiment

1. Whitney says:

I LOVE Pomp and Circumstance! It’s my favorite boutique in Houston. This boho look is great on you! I need some booties to go with my top like this though!

2. Love your 70’s style, I have a popular pinterest board on 70’s fashion. Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday, a new one is live if you fancy it. Happy Easter x

3. Mummy Fever says:

oooh love a bit of boho #fashionfriday

4. Andrea says:

Great boho look! Love those booties! xo Andrea

Boho Bunnie

5. Cute outfit. I guess this boho dress looks pretty in beach walks as well 🙂

Looking forward to see more of your posts. Do you have an instagram account? Maybe we could follow each other. Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me a request. I’ll follow back 🙂 Thanks!

IG: @shairangelique

Have a nice day!

xoxo,
    SHAIRA

6. Amy Ann says:

Cute dress! I love a dress and boots. You pull of boho well.

Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

7. Kristina says:

LOVE the boots! And that purple is gorgeous on you! So excited to follow your blog!

Kristina
    leggingsandlittleones.blogspot.com

8. Marissa says:

Cute! Looks comfy 🙂

9. I am so into BoHo right now, and this outfit is no exception. This is too cute, and I love how you paired the ankle boots with it. You rock BoHo style, you can definitely pull it off.

10. I love the booties with that dress! I would have never thought of that but the combo is darling!

11. Claire says:

love your dress 🙂

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

12. Alena says:

This dress is ridiculously cute! Love how you styled it!

Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

13. Emily says:

What a cute dress!! I love this look for the Spring!! And I agree, I always try and purchase trendy pieces at a lower price point, so if I don’t like it, I don’t regret how much I spent on it!

Emily
    ​​Something Gold, Something Blue

14. Megan says:

I really like this trend on you! I used to be a huge fan but never was able to pull it off. A boutique just sent me a similar boho style dress and I can’t wait to style it this weekend! I love the booties with yours!
    ~~Megan~~

15. Marta says:

I’m such a fan of boho chic and this beautiful dress is so perfect for it! You pulled off this vibe so well. Have a great weekend:)
    Marta

16. Lindsey says:

Those booties are so cute with that dress! I love being able to incorporate booties with a spring look. Found you through the blog link up!

Lindsey

17. I am stopping by via the blog hop! This dress is just fabulous! I agree that trying a more affordable trendy piece is key before you invest. I am excited to see more of your style! Susan