Spring Essentials

Spring Essentials - Swing Dress, Denim Jacket, Wedges and a Cross-body bag | Lady in Violet

Elaine Turner Colbie Crossbody Bag | Lady in Violet

Sole Society Kimber Wedges | Lady in Violet

Pomp and Circumstance Dress, H&M Denim Jacket, Sole Society Wedges | Lady in Violet

Spring Outfit Idea - Striped Dress and Denim Jacket | Lady in Violet

Spring Wardrobe Essentials - Striped Dress, Jacket and Crossbody Bag | Lady in Violet

Elaine Turner Purple Colbie Bag

Spring Outfit Idea - striped swing dress, denim jacket and black wedges | Lady in Violet

POMP & CIRCUMSTANCE No Plain Jane Dress | H&M Denim Jacket |  SOLE SOCIETY Kimber Wedge Sandal | ELAINE TURNER Colbie Crossbody Bag | BAUBLEBAR Astronomer Pendant, Slim Hinge Bangle, old [SIMILAR], Pave Links Bracelet, old [SIMILAR] |  GORJANA Mika Necklace | JULEP Shari

Spring always seems like a jam-packed season for me and Texas in general.  By the first day of summer, we sometimes are already breaking the 100 degree mark, so we try to cram as much outdoor fun into the few months of Spring.  From festivals to wine on bar patios to cookouts and crawfish boils, the outdoor season is here.  I thought I would share a few of my spring essentials that are pretty constant in my weekend wardrobe.  I LOVE swing dresses and they are a weekend wardrobe staple for me year round!  I am loving this striped one I picked up from a local Houston boutique.  It is sleeveless and the material is super lightweight, so it is definitely a dress that will be perfect for spring and those hot summer days to come!  I am always toting around a light jacket in spring.  Most of my spring dresses or sleeveless or a a thin strap, so I like to have a jacket to toss on in the morning or late evening when the temperature dips.   I purposely purchased this H&M denim jacket just a bit big so that I could roll the sleeves up on cool Spring nights.   My Spring shoe essential is definitely a wedge sandal!  I do not wear flat shoes very often, in fact some people never realize just how short I am because I am always in some sort of heel.  Wedges are really comfortable for me!  Some people are stocking up on flip flops this time of year, but I am getting ready to start adding to my wedges collection!   My go-to purse for Spring is a cross-body bag.  They are super light weight and hands-free!  Plus, if you are not wearing your jacket, they provide a great little place to drape it over.  What are some of your Spring essentials?

RESTYLED & REMIXED
Denim Jacket: What I Wore: Houston Rodeo
Wedges: Chambray for the Win

[jetpack_subscription_form title=” ” subscribe_text=”Enter email to subscribe and receive notification of new posts by email.” subscribe_button=”Submit”]

21 Responses to Spring Essentials

1. Bri Marie says:

I really want everything you’re wearing here. Those shoes, especially! I love this outfit and I’m so glad you’ve linked up with this month’s TTT – it’d be great if you could link back to Work Clothes, I Suppose at the bottom of your post 🙂

2. Mattie says:

I love the dress! Old Navy has a similar one that I just found earlier this week but the color is sold out online now! I’m 5’7″, so definitely not short but lately I have just not wanted to wear flat shoes. I love my wedges and heels. My two favorite pairs are super comfy!

3. stripes and denim are like a go to fav and love the cross body bag. Thanks for linking up and hope to see you back

4. Tameka says:

What a flattering style to the dress. I remember they used to make dresses like that years ago. This is a nice style to have in your wardrobe. Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

5. Aisha says:

I love swing dresses as well! This outfit looks great on you! Love the purple purse! 🙂

6. HonestMum says:

Looking gorgeous, adore the dress! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts x

7. Beata says:

Love that dress ! You look very pretty 🙂 x

8. Vanessa says:

I love this whole outfit! I have worn something similar many times over the last couple of years. But now I think I need to add a purple bag! Love it!

9. I love your striped dress and that purple cross body bag is adorable!

10. I love the pop of purple against that dress – so cute!! And I totally agree – for the next two months, I am going to be outside as much as possible before that crazy summer heat hits!

11. Rita Joy says:

Love the stripes and denim!

12. Very cute dress – I love the purple purse too.

Alice

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

13. Carolyn says:

I love your dress it’s totally something I would wear! It looks cute with the denim jacket and the purple bag!

Carolyn

14. Carylee says:

The purple bag is darling with this outfit! And I’m such a fan of a good striped dress like this!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

15. I love the layered necklaces!

16. Loving the necklaces!

17. Tina says:

I LOVE the purple bag! Super cute and a great way to add color to your outfit.

Tina
    go-big-or-go-home.com

18. Rachael says:

Love this look! I like how your purse adds just a splash of color to brighten it all up!
    Rachael
    stylishmichiganmom.blogspot.com

19. Jill says:

Your striped dress is adorable! Love the pop of purple! Such a fun look!

Jill