Yearly Archives: 2018
I can’t believe we are here, but this is my last official post of 2018! I’m finishing out the year re-sharing my light brown leather jacket. I styled this on the blog earlier this year as perfect for Spring. As the year went on, I realized this is kind of the perfect jacket year round. The light brown color adds a chic vibe to my jewel toned and all black ensembles of fall and winter. It also blends well with the pastels of early spring.
I tossed this jacket in my bag for NYC as a last second add because I saw it was going to be cold the last few days I was there. It was perfect because it worked with everything from floral mini dresses to jeans and a tee.
Also, I have to mention the sleeveless turtleneck top. The website calls it a funnel neck which basically is just looser than a turtleneck. This top is perfect for all the layering! You can wear it under a blazer or cardigan and with denim or leather jackets. It pairs perfectly with jeans, but can also be tucked into a skirt for work. It comes in a few colors including black 😉 and is only $29!
Well, I’m officially signing off the blog until next year! Wherever the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 finds you, I hope it finds you filled with joy and gratitude for all that ups and downs we survived of the past year and all the amazing that is coming! Happy New Year!
| OUTFIT DETAILS |
c/o Leather Jacket | Burgundy Funnel Neck Top | Dark Blue Skinny Jeans | Black Patent Heels | Mini Jetsetter Bag | c/o Jemma Sands Earrings | Gold Bangle | Cuff Bangle | Nails: Essie Sole Mate
Photography by: Banavenue
SHOP THE LOOK
Hello Hello! How was everyone’s Christmas? Mine was perfect filled with family, good food, and laughter. I loved my four days off, but it is time to head back to work today for a super short work week. I can’t believe it is already the end of the year, and next week we will be ringing in 2019!
This best of outfits post is one of my favorites to put together every year. I love looking back at all the old content and seeing which posts were your favorites. It’s also the time of the year I look back and realize how much this little space of mine has grown and the changes I’ve made over the last year.
I’ve thought for awhile that it would be fun to turn this little hobby of mine into more of a business, and this year I really stepped up my game towards making my little dream a reality. Most of my baby steps towards this were on the backend. A few things you may have noticed, I started using a professional photographer in July after the friend who was shooting my photos had her second baby. I packed my bags and jetted off to NYFW to meet with brands and up my networking game. I also worked on planning out content more, worked with a mentor to help me navigate a new side of blogging, and paid lots of attention to what you all love and read the most. It’s been a fun year and I can’t wait to see what next year holds for this little old blog of mine.
Special thanks to the friends and family who help my shoot blog photos and Instagram photos and encourage my dreams everyday, my photographer Yash of Banavenue for helping me transform the look of my outfit photos, my mentor for teaching me so much about what I need to be doing behind the scenes to reach my goals and dreams, and the brands that collaborated with me this year!
Last, a HUGE thanks to you! Thank you for coming to my blog and reading, thanks for inviting me into your life a little bit each week. Thanks for letting me help you shop and put together fabulous outfits. This started as a fun hobby that slowly has turned into a small business, and that’s all because of your support and love. Thank you for helping me turn a dream into a reality. I can’t wait to continue bringing you amazing content in the new year!
Now, let’s do this recap! I’ve placed a link to the original posts below each photo too, in case you want to see more pics or do a little post holiday treat yourself shopping!
I present to you, your favorites – The Best Outfits of 2018!
Thanks for taking this walk back down memory lane with me! Be sure to check back Friday for my final outfit post of 2018!
Happy Friday! Ok I know this post is so long over due!!! For anyone new around here, in September, I had the amazing opportunity to attend New York Fashion Week! It was such a wonderful experience filled with runway shows, lots of fashion, parties, pr meetings, blogger gatherings, photo shoots, and lots of yummy food and sight seeing too. With this being my first year attending NYFW, attending runway shows was high on my priority list! I wanted the NYFW experience I had only dreamed of, and I got it!
This is a super photo heavy post because this fashion needs no words. Consider it your break from all things Christmas. Special Thanks to all of the designers and pr companies for inviting me to attend these shows!
May I now present to you my NYFW 2018 Runway Shows!
Ummm hi end of 2018…. I mean where did the year go. I feel like I was just writing my January posts. This year I sampled lots of beauty products, both PR samples and those I purchased on my own. I’m rounding out my best beauty products of 2018 for you with a short review of each one. I denoted which ones were gifted with the c/o, and I will say a requirement to make this list is that I must not only love it but must be highly interested in purchasing again. All of these products will be making there way into my regular rotation well into 2019!
10) c/o Georgette Klinger Rose Clarifying Toner – I have never been a big toner person. I always felt they dried out my skin and left it feeling tight, plus I think it wipes off my self tanner quicker. When in NY, I met with the PR group for Georgette Klinger. I picked up a few of their beauty products including an alcohol free toner. This toner is perfect for my skin. It doesn’t leave it feeling dried out, but actually feels a little hydrated and softer with each use. My skin tone has evened, and I don’t feel like my faux tan is fading so quickly. I have started using this product nightly to remove any excess dirt and makeup missed by washing my face.
9) Living Proof TBD Multi Tasking Styler – When you order a beauty product online at Nordstrom, you get to pick free beauty samples! This styling cream was one of my sample picks around mid year. As soon as I was finished with the tiny sample and using another product, I noticed how much better this worked for my hair. This is usually how I realize how fabulous something was… I’m a big fan of Living Proof products, and this one is just an add to that list. When I use this product, I feel like my hair is smoother, less frizzy, but also still has movement and is super soft.
8) c/0 Pixi Matte Last Liquid Lip in Evening Rose – I have tried so many matte liquid lips. I love the idea, but most leave my lips feeling so dry. This one does not and it lasts through a few happy hour drinks. I’m currently obsessed with the evening rose shade for fall and winter. I’m wearing it in this blog post. I rarely do a darker lip, but this color is a perfect neutral dark color as I like to call it.
7) Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – Warning, this is a splurge foundation, but ya’ll it’s worth it! I picked this up with a gift card I received for my birthday. It made me feel better about dropping $40 for foundation. This goes on so smooth and light, and covers all the things from acne to uneven skin tone, dark spots, and under eye circles. It’s pricey, but I will definitely purchase again. I went to the store and was color matched. It’s a quick process, and the shade they picked is perfect.
6) c/o NYX HD Finishing Powder – I have used loose finishing powders before, and they were ok. This pressed one is perfect for my skin. I think loose is great if you have oilier skin. Mine is on the normal/dry side which looks better with a light pressed powder. This pressed powder leaves my makeup looking airbrushed, photo ready, and stays looking good all day.
5) Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – My sister has raved about this product to me for months. I’ve been to Ulta multiple times, and it was always sold out. I figured this product must be amazing. I FINALLY got my hands on a tube last month, and yes I see why it’s sold out. I use it as an under eye concealer and highlight. It doesn’t crease or settle in fine lines making them look worse. I’m pretty sure I may never purchase another concealer again.
4) c/o Aveda Exfoliating Shampoo & Thickening Conditioner – Aveda sent me these products earlier this year, I loved them so much I have continued purchasing them on my own. The thickening hair line has helped me shed less and get my hair to start growing again. I noticed an increase in overall thickness and fullness. My hair also looked healthier while using these two products. I recently tried a different brand, and it made me realize how much these products where improving the health and growth of my hair. My only con to the shampoo is that it doesn’t get all of my product buildup out. This was why I switched to a different product. I purchased a charcoal shampoo, and I’m hoping using them one after another will be the fix to this problem.
3) Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Top Coat – Earlier this year while I was getting a manicure at an event, the nail tech and I were discussing top coats. She recommended Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails. She said a client used it, and it worked better than some of the more expensive ones. I immediately bought a bottle at the grocery store. I use it every time I do my nails, and I definitely notice a difference in length of wear. She recommended re-applying the top coat about every 2-3 days to increase the longevity of your nail polish.
2) c/o It Cosmetics Brow Powder – This product was a game change for my brow game. I’ve mentioned it before on the blog, and I think it’s worth bringing up again. I have had my powder for almost a year, and I still have not run out. When I do, I will immediately be buying again. This brow powder is perfect for filling in sparse brows for a natural look.
1)Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – It was my favorite mascara for volume and length, and it’s my number one product of 2018! This mascara gives me full and long lashes with 1-3 coats depending on how dramatic I want to go. When I do 2-3 coats, you would think I have had lash extensions done! I have tried other mascaras, but this one stays on constant repeat in my makeup drawer.
What are some of your favorite beauty products of 2018? Drop them in the comments and maybe your favorite will make the cut next year!
SHOP THE PRODUCTS