Blending Weekend and Office Style

Blend weekend and office style - Striped tee with pencil skirt  | Lady in Violet

Silver Jewelry Love!  | Lady in Violet

Office Outfit Idea - blend a weekend casual tee with a pencil skirt!  | Lady in Violet

Halogen Pencil Skirt | Lady in Violet

Work Outfit Idea - blend a weekend casual tee with a pencil skirt!  | Lady in Violet

H&M Striped Jersey Tee with Pencil skirt for an office look  | Lady in Violet

Silver Bracelets - Stella and Dot, Kendra Scott, The Shine Project | Lady in Violet

H&M Striped Tee, in store only [SIMILAR] | HALOGEN Seamed Pencil Skirt [SIMILAR] | STEVE MADDEN Nala Pumps | STELLA & DOT Renegade Cluster Bracelet, Rebel Pendant | KENDRA SCOTT Arden Bracelet in Platinum,  Elisa Necklace in Platinum,  Elle Silver Earrings in Slate | THE SHINE PROJECT Silver Bracelet | BAUBLEBAR Crystal Mason Ring  | ESSIE Under Where?  | MAC Lipstick in Faux

Sometimes Mondays are the hardest for me to crawl out of bed and reach for the office side of my closet.  Especially in spring and summer, when I have probably spent most of the weekend in comfy maxi and sundresses.  Blending a little of my weekend wardrobe into my Monday office look helps me ease into a new work week. When I purchased this striped t-shirt, one of the ways I was most excited to style it was for work.  I mean who doesn’t want to find a way to wear a comfy t-shirt to work.  The best way for me to cross my weekend tee to office appropriate is with a colorful pencil skirt.  If you wanted to go a step further, you could also toss a black blazer over this look to go even more professional.   I also think the stripes on the top help take it up a notch to make it look a little more office ready.  Although, I think a v-neck tee in a solid color like black, white or even mustard yellow would look pretty fabulous with this skirt too.

Over the next few weeks, I am going to be doing a little trial run of listing a few past looks that also incorporated a few of the pieces from today’s outfit.  I love not only styling an outfit, but finding ways to restyle those pieces to maximize the number of looks out of everything I own.  I think the more outfits I create out of each piece the better value that piece is for me.  I hope you find some style inspiration seeing a few posts of an item that maybe you are thinking about adding to your wardrobe, or a piece you already own and are looking for a few new ways to style.  Thanks Ya’ll and Happy Monday!

RESTYLED & REMIXED
Halogen Skirt: A Pop of Pink
Striped Tee: Not So Lazy Sunday

21 Responses to Blending Weekend and Office Style

1. This looks so incredible! Loving it! Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls

2. coolchillmom says:

what a great and fun outfit! loving the accessories
    thanks for linking at the best of the blogosphere

3. Barb @ A Life in Balance says:

Thank you for contributing to Motivational Monday!

4. Beata says:

Love the color of that skirt ! You look fabulous 🙂 x

5. Cathy says:

I love the color of the skirt, and I am slightly obsessed with bracelets! Love this outfit! I really appreciate you sharing your latest creation at Making Memories Mondays!
    Cathy

6. Kesha Kikaya says:

I like mixing simple black/white patterns with a pop of color! It gives the outfit a fun touch to a work outfit which you did really well! I might have to try this well.

7. Jennie says:

Loving the stripes and bright pencil skirt! So perfect for spring!

8. Jess says:

A very pretty outfit. I love the orchid skirt and your necklace is so pretty. I could use a long tassel necklace too!

I appreciate you participating in Turning Heads Tues! xx

jess

9. stephanie says:

I love, love, love repurposing items! I also have to say I LOVE your jewelry! Thank you for sharing.

10. Rachel says:

I agree with Madaline, restyling is great to show because that’s really how most of our closets are! I am also finding it hard to do anything on Monday when the weekend has been so great, finding an outfit easily would definitely be for the best.

11. Madaline says:

I LOVE love restyling. Sometimes, I think bloggers focus to much on new new new, when really the creativity comes in when you remix things you wore a million times and make it look new! LOVE the color of this skirt.

12. You look so put together and chic! Love the color of your skirt!

13. Amy Ann says:

Mondays are unfairly hard. I love your jewelry here. The color of your skirt is so rich and pretty. Great office look!

Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

14. Alecz says:

What a beautiful outfit! I love the magenta skirt with the striped top, and the accessories you chose are beautiful. Really edgy and fun!

15. That color is beautiful on you! I think it’s such an great idea to re-style pieces in different unique ways. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

16. Ashley says:

Thanks for linking up today! Really lovin’ your style! Love the color of that skirt!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

17. Darcy says:

Love the color of your skirt!! Such a pretty look!

18. I love this look! It looks great paired with all of the silver/grey accessories too! I’m all about stripes lately!

19. I love the ring you have on! So unique. Great outfit.

20. Kishina says:

Very beautiful outfit! I have the exact same color skirt and a black and white striped shirt! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Hopped over from Mix it Monday linky party 🙂