Skincare in Your 30s

This post is in collaboration with The Blog Societies and Clinique.  All opinions are 100% my own!  Thanks for supporting the brands that support Lady in Violet!

Skincare Routine in your 30s

Ever since I received my first facial last year, I have really wanted to improve my skincare routine.  While some of the products have changed, my routine has pretty much been the same since high school.  My skin isn’t sixteen anymore, and I definitely needed a new routine.

I first learned about skin care products like moisturizers and toners from the Clinique counter when I was in high school.  It seemed like a no brainer to head back to them on my quest to update my skincare routine for my 30 year old skin. Skincare in your 30s is tricky because now I have little wrinkles popping up and my skin tone has become a little uneven in areas.

Anti-aging skincare routine with Clinique

When looking for a new skincare routine, I wanted something simple because right now my current routine is a bit lazy.  I need something quick and easy that fit into my busy schedule.  One of the main things I liked about the Clinique Smart system is that the products target several issues all at once.  The products are designed to know and target your issues like my new fine lines and uneven skin tone.  I’m now using 3 products on my face at night which at first made me nervous.  I mean that is two extra steps for me.  The transition was surprisingly pretty seamless.  I also started seeing results pretty soon after starting the Clinique Smart system.

I wanted to share a little bit about my new morning and night routine with these products, in case you are super new to the skin care game like me.  You aren’t going to believe how simple it is.

Clinique Custom Repair Serum

In the mornings, I apply the custom repair serum on my face.  With all but the eye treatment, I use what I call the war paint method.  I do two pumps of this serum in my hand, and then swipe the product with my fingers on my forehead, each cheek and chin.  I then proceed to rub the product in, starting at my cheeks and moving around my face.  I learned awhile back not to rub the product between your hands because most of the product will be absorbed by your hands.  This really helps the serums and lotions last longer.  I apply any excess product to my neck, because I have read to never forget your neck when moisturizing.  You don’t want a 20 year old face, and a 40 year old neck. 🙂

top face moisturizer

The serum goes on pretty light.  Most days I fix my hair and then apply the moisturizer with that same war paint method. I start with a little moisturizer and add more if needed, so I don’t end up with too much.  On days I forget to do the serum early because my coffee hasn’t kicked in, the lotion works fine to add directly over the serum.  The custom repair moisturizer has a broad spectrum SPF15 too.  One of my main daytime moisturizer requirements is for some sort of sun protection.  I like that this one is broad spectrum, basically it means it’s blocking both UVA and UVB rays.   I then follow the moisturizer with my normal makeup routine.  A pretty easy change to my mornings.

how to apply face moisturizer Morning Skincare Routine

My night routine was the one I was worried about though.  I can be pretty lazy when I’m tired.  I was worried applying three products would take forever, spoiler alert – it didn’t.  After I wash my face, I applied the treatment oil.  I recommend only using this at night, because it does take longer to absorb and may not look so great under makeup.  I follow this up with the eye treatment.  I apply one pump under my eye and at the crow’s feet wrinkle area.  If I have leftover, I spread just under my eyebrow.  I really think this product has lightened up my under eye.  I have even been skipping concealer.  I like to wait a minute or two here before applying the moisturizer if I have time.  I then finish up my night routine with the custom repair night moisturizer and head to bed.  Yes, that’s it.  Simple and Easy.  It makes me laugh because I imagined this would add like 20 minutes to my night routine.  I think it added like two minutes, maybe.

Clinique Smart Treatment Oil #clinique Skin Care in Your 30s

Clinique Anti-aging serums

I’m really excited to keep up this routine and see how the products continue to improve my skin.  I am noticing an improvement in skin tone which was a big one for me. Goodbye concealer!  I don’t remember exactly how far in, but one morning I woke up and noticed my skin looking so much more hydrated.  It really caught me off guard a bit, because I never thought my skin could look hydrated. One of those you don’t realize it until you see the change moments.   I have also noticed my forehead wrinkles are slowly becoming less noticeable.  Look out 20’s, I’m coming back!

skincare in your 30s with Clinique

If you have any questions about these products or my new skin care routine, leave me a comment or shoot me an email.  I will be happy to answer!

CLINIQUE SMART c/o Broad Spectrum SPF15 Custom Repair Moisturizer,   c/o  Night Custom Repair Moisturizer,   c/o Custom Repair Serum ,   c/o Custom Repair Eye Treatment,  c/o Treatment Oil

Follow Lady in Violet INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | SUBSCRIBE

Lady in Violet

31 Responses to Skincare in Your 30s

1. You so pretty! I want to try that skin care! I am the worst at taking care of my skin!

2. Alice Kerley says:

I need to try this!! My skin gets SO dry! Can’t wait to hear it goes!

xo,
    Alice

3. Mindy says:

These products look so great! I’m always looking for new skin care lines to try! Xoxo Mindy

4. Anna says:

Thanks for sharing Karen! Love Clinique’s skin care products!

5. Lauren says:

Great post!! I don’t really have a set skin care regimen and I know that it is something I really need to start. This looks simple and something that I can definitely remember to do. Might have to give these products a try!

xo,
    Lauren

6. I have been looking for some new skincare stuff! I’ll have to check this out!

7. Caitlin says:

I love Clinique and have been a fan for years! I just turned 30 and I’m looking for a new skin care routine. Definitely going to have to check these products out.

8. Your pictures look awesome! & I definitely want to try this regime. Thanks for sharing!

9. Sara says:

I need to amp up my skin routine. Thabks for the great product review!

10. Meg O. says:

I’m really intrigued by Clinique’s newer skincare line! I think we all must have used their stuff back in the late 90s, but it looks so “grown up” and sophisticated now. And your skin looked amazing at brunch last week so it must be working 🙂

11. Amanda says:

I have said this many times, but I really need to have a skincare routine. Clinique’s products look awesome.

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

12. Katie says:

Great routine! I started off with Clinique in high school too, loved it! As we age we must adjust our skincare routine. Thanks for sharing this found you Thursday Favorites!

13. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely checkout this line.

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

14. First off, your skin looks fantastic. Secondly, you cannot be in your 30s. You look 25, so kudos on treating your skin so insanely well you don’t even look your age (JEALOUS because people tell me I look in my 30s and I want to smack em up side the head LOL) but these products also sound like they’re doing wonderful things. Clinique has always been one of my favorite more luxury brands & they seem to be doing well when it comes to skincare. Thanks for sharing lovely lady! xx adaatude.com

15. I’ve seen a lot of older women with young faces and old necks so that’s definitely something to remember in a skin care routine!

16. I’m with you when it comes to lazy skin care routines, especially when I’m tired! I am trying really hard to be better about my skin care routine though!

xoxo Bree

17. Don’t you just love the new line! I think my favorite product is the serum

BNBstyling.com

18. Elizabeth says:

I am right there with you and am having the same issues! And I did the exact same thing – started at Clinique when I was a teenager and did the whole three step process with that giant soap they used to have. I do love that brand and how they’ve got good ingredients but don’t cost a fortune.
    Thanks for sharing this, I think I need to go shopping for some skincare!

19. Linh says:

Great post! I haven’t used Clinique in several years but would love to try that serum. Definitely need to step it up a notch now that I’m in my 30s and take care of my skin especially with my nighttime routine. After having 2 little ones, I feel like my skin has completely changed.
    -Linh

20. Heather says:

Thank you for the honesty and for sharing what to use for helping to not look too 30(ish)…lol. Will have to start some kind of regimen.

21. Kathleen says:

The only facial routine I have is washing it in the morning. But I’ve been thinking I need to add a few things to my routine. So this was very helpful! 🙂

22. Growing up with acne I never really wore makeup and haven’t had a real routine so as I’m now 30 I’ve been thinking about it. One of my friends works at Estee Lauder and she just hooked me up with some samples last week so TBC for me. I’m glad the products are helping you 🙂

23. My mom is still a Clinique fan – I vividly remember watching her use the soap, toner, and lotion as a child. She was the one who taught me to always treat your neck, too! Love your “warpaint method”
    Have a great weekend!

24. I’m with you on wanting a skin care routine that is simple! I’ve been in the market for treatment oil and I’m definitely going to have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

25. Connie Gomez says:

Thanks for sharing this! I am exactly like you, the same simple skin routine for years. But, I am turning 35 this summer and I feel that I need more. This seems so simple and something I could keep up with! Will have to look into it. Have actually been thinking about visiting Clinique for about 2 weeks now.

26. Anything that moisturizes my face is a win-win for me! Great review!

27. Mistle says:

I’ve tried Clinique products in the past and loved them.I have not heard of this skincare line from them. I will have to check them out! I feel its so important to have a skin care routine especially in your late 20’s,etc. As you said you don’t have to have a 20 year old face and a 40 year old neck.

28. Katie says:

I’m so bad about rubbing the product between my hands, I need to remember not to do that! I’m going to have to hit up Clinique for some samples!

29. Lauren Smith says:

Love this!! The exact same thing happened to me after I had my first facial! It was like an alarm went off in my head lol!

xo,

Lauren

30. Awesome honesty with regards to your facial discussion and thanks for sharing how you’ve changed up your routine!

Amber
    All the Cute

31. Morgan Smith says:

I love Clinique! Need to try some of their new stuff. I’ve been using Young Living essential oils for my serum.